V-Ray 3.5 for MODO - Now Available!
25/05/17 Filed in: Chaos Group
V-Ray 3.5 for MODO seamlessly integrates production-proven rendering capabilities into MODO’s native workflow. Its twin-engine rendering architecture is designed to take full advantage of the latest CPU and GPU computing technology. Built to handle the toughest projects and biggest scenes, V-Ray for MODO will fit into any production pipeline. With a full suite of creative tools, V-Ray lets you render anything and everything – from quick design models to your most detailed 3D scenes.
- Quality: Production-proven ray traced rendering with a full suite of tools to create professional photoreal imagery and animation.
- Power: Built to handle the absolute toughest projects and biggest scenes.
- Speed: Multicore CPU and GPU-accelerated rendering for optimized speed and scalability.
- Creative control: Real-time look development with interactive lighting, shading and rendering.
- Smart integration: Integrated seamlessly into MODO and designed to fit any production pipeline.
- An industry standard: Top artists and designers rely on V-Ray every day to create award-winning designs & visual effects.
- Adaptive Lights: Fast new lighting algorithm that speeds up rendering up to 7x faster in scenes with many lights.
- Improved GPU rendering: Significant speed improvements, smarter memory management and support for more production features than ever before.
- alSurface material: General-purpose shader by Anders Langlands with layered SSS and glossy fresnel reflections — popular for skin.
- Glossy Fresnel: New, physically-accurate reflection model.
- Texture Isolate: Isolate selected textures directly on your model during interactive rendering for easier texture placement and fine-tuning of procedural textures like Dirt or Noise.
- Render zoom & Enhance region: Zero in on any part of your image to fine-tune your renders quickly and easily.
- Powerful new VFB: Select Materials and items directly in the V-Ray Frame Buffer. Plus new camera controls let you change focus distance and F-Stop
- Interactive lens effects: GPU-accelerated glare and bloom effects that can be enabled and adjusted while rendering.